Springs Mountain Sangha engages in three weekly sittings, study groups, retreats, residencies with our teachers, a Web site, and other communication media. Contributions from members and friends are the Sangha’s sole financial resource. Your contributions are tax deductible in as much as Springs Mountain Sangha fits the definition of a church for charitable giving purposes. Please share the Dharma assets!
Please make checks out to: Springs Mountain Sangha, c/o Linda Hodges, Treasurer. To mail checks, please address them to Linda at 530 Custer Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
Or make your donation through PayPal Donate. If you don't have a personal PayPal account, simply click on "Continue" and enter your credit card information. Thank you for your donation.
Great Reasons to Support Your Sangha
There are many great reasons to donate to Springs Mountain Sangha, and hopefully one will suit your fancy. Remember, this is your Sangha.
• Donate to support Joan’s work. If you’d like to make a donation to thank Joan Sutherland, Roshi, for her Dharma and to support her work, you can send it to her at P.O. Box 2368, Santa Fe, NM 87504. Or, send a donation to SMS with a note that it is for Joan.
• Donate toward a facility. While we benefit enormously from the warmhearted generosity of Colorado College, renting or owning our own facility would allow us to use our energies more fully. Retreats and other events would no longer require moving all the cushions, ritual supplies, food, et cetera. A facility is a long-term project; please help get it started.
• Donate to support our operating costs. Keeping the Sangha in business involves recurrent costs for teacher support, communications, gifts, ritual supplies, food for retreats and other events, study groups, and service activity—all the items needed for a nonprofit organization.
• Donate to support our service activity. The Service Committee budget supports our service work and makes possible Bodhisattva work in the larger community; send your donation to SMS with the notation “Service Committee.”
• The True Heart Scholarship Fund in Honor of Mitchell Goldbaum. If you wish to make a gift in Mitch’s memory, Mitch’s sister, Joanne, has requested that gifts be made to Springs Mountain Sangha. You can just write “in memory of Mitchell Goldbaum” on the check. These funds are used for retreat scholarships.
Thank you so very much!
(Springs Mountain Sangha is a member of The Open Source, in both the Soto and Rinzai traditions.)